Vietnam is a country located in Southeastern Asia bordering the Gulf of Thailand, the Gulf of Tonkin, and the South China Sea. Although many westerners still imagine Vietnam
through the lens of war, it is in reality a country filled with captivating
natural beauty and tranquil village life.
– Basic Facts:
Population: 89.3 million
- $300.0 billion
- 5.9% growth
- 6.5% 5-year compound annual growth
- $3,359 per capita
80% of people in Vitetnam are ethnic Vietnamese, while the remaining 20% comprises more than 50 separate ethnic groups. About seven million of these ethnic minorities are
members of the hill tribes or montagnards (French for mountain people),
making their homes and livelihoods in the spectacular mountains of the north and
central highlands. Among the many languages spoken in Vietnam are Vietnamese,
Chinese, English, French, and Russian.
– Religions: Indigonous religions 45.3%, Buddhism 16.4%, Christianity 8.7%, Non-religious 29%
– Industries: food processing, garments, shoes, machine-building; mining, coal, steel; cement, chemical fertilizer, glass, tires, oil, mobile phones. This entry provides a rank ordering of industries starting with the largest by value of annual output.
– Cultural Characteristics: Vietnamese culture bears typical characteristics of an agricultural civilization based on the cultivation of wet rice. In general, Vietnam is considered to be part of the East Asian Cultural Sphere. In the 20th century, Vietnamese culture received merchant influences from the Europeans, including the spread of Catholicism and the adoption of Latin alphabet. To this day, Vietnam is the only nation of Indochina that uses the Latin alphabet to write national language.
Regarding Vietnam as a wet rice civilization, the whole Vietnamese features, from gastronomy to fashion, are all relevant to this biggest characteristic.
The Philippines which is often called the “Pearl of the Orient Seas” is found in the Malay archipelago in Southeast Asia. Philippine in which is rich in natural resources comprises 7,107 islands that is called the Philippines archipelago. The total land area is approximately 300,000 square kilometers or 116,000 square miles. The capital is Manila. Philippine is located in the heart of Southeast Asia. It stands in the crossroads of the developed western world and the Orient.
– Basic Facts:
- Ready made garments
- Manufacture of plastic products
- Production, processing and preservation of meat, fish and other seafoods, fruits, vegetables, oils
- Manufacture of bakery products
- Printing and printing-related services
- Manufacture and repair of furniture
- Manufacture of nonmetallic mineral products
- Manufacture of basic iron and steel
- Manufacture of chemical products
- Manufacture of pulp, paper and paper board
– cultural Characteristics: The Filipino is basically of Malay stock with a sprinkling of Chinese, American, Spanish, and Arab blood. The Filipino character is actually a little bit of all the cultures put together. The bayanihan or spirit of kinship and camaraderie that Filipinos are famous for is said to be taken from Malay forefathers. The close family relations are said to have been inherited from the Chinese. The piousness comes from the Spaniards who introduced Christianity in the 16th century. Hospitality is a common denominator in the Filipino character and this is what distinguishes the Filipino. Filipinos are probably one of the few, if not the only, English-proficient Oriental people today. Pilipino is the official national language, with English considered as the country’s unofficial one.
– Historical Milestones: